Thursday, April 27, 2017

Captain Jason Levine


This is a new piece that is part of a large project. While I cant get into that, I can speak about some of the things I did in this image. First, about the subject matter, it is all about being at sea and getting on against some of the the worst odds. Its raining with a lighting storm going on, but with a smoke in the month and a stern look we push forward.

I keep this to a limited palette in order push both the mood and temperature. Cold, wet, harsh, and still hardened to complete the task. While this can be done with many different colors I felt limiting the colors allow our eyes to really sink in. How can we push these paints to their extremes much like this tug boat captain facing the extremes. Some times it's dirty hard work but their is a beauty to it.

Any ways this is a better look at this piece then you will find on my Instagram account. So I thank you for looking and I hope you enjoyed your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment